Friday, January 2, 2009

FB Career & Travelling

I am an IT consultant, so I live(d) out of a suitcase for a lot of my working career. I know how to work airline chic and deal with sticky situations.

As a consultant I am also always in the forefront in the sense that I have to be constantly re-hired by the client (even if I am part of a consulting company), and I am always in very different industries and work environments.

It is NEVER the same old for me, and I think that's taught me a lot about how to ask for a raise from your manager you never really see on a project with you during the year (I have a project manager for that), or how to just be a girl in a very male dominated field filled with office politics from both the client & consulting side.

I am now a freelancer - I work for myself, and I left after 2.5 years of experience because I could make quadruple my salary outside a company.

If you have questions, email me at brokeinthecity at gmail dot com.


General Commentary

Style in the Workplace

Organization in the Workplace

Inspiration

Getting the job


Career Tips


Career Management


Leaving your job



Travelling


As an IT Consultant/Entrepreneur